Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Jesse Plemons: I grew up in a small town outside of Waco with 2000 people and I loved it there but I

One-on-One with…FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS’ Jesse Plemons | Jim Halterman
As the fourth season of the critically acclaimed Friday Night Lights unspools on Friday nights on NBC, Jesse Plemons continues as soft-spoken, earnest and loyal Landry Clarke. In terms of the new season, there was really no question that Landry would follow Coach Taylor ( Kyle Chandler ) to East Dillon but with a new romance (with Jess, played by Jurnee Smollett ), a brewing rivalry (with Jess s ex, Vince, played by Michael B. Jordan) and new challenges as the underdog East Dillon Lions must go up against the West Dillon Panthers, Landry is sure to have a busy year.
In the real world, news recently came down that Plemons would not be a part of the regular Friday Night Lights cast when season 5 commences later this year on DirecTV (followed by a Spring run on NBC) and Plemons was very open about how he felt about the dismissal as well as how he started his career and his hope for to sit on Chelsea Handler s couch again soon.
Jesse Plemons: I grew up in a small town outside of Waco with 2000 people and I loved it there but I started going out to LA when I was probably 10 or 11 and I ve been in Austin beacons closet for the last three and half years doing the show. I also have a place in LA and hopefully I can keep this place [in Austin] as long as I can for when I need to get out of LA and regroup. I ve got a lot of good friends in LA and you can t beat the weather but Austin is a place that I will always come back to.
JP: I started when I was really young. I was up for a commercial in Dallas when I was 3 . My mom took me and I ended up getting the commercial. My sister and I were extras in a bunch of movies when we were kids but I ended up really liking it while my sister not so much. My parents were very supportive and they ended up being my managers at 12 and it all fell into place pretty perfect. It took a long time coming beacons closet but I got the show when I was 18, which could not have worked out any better. Literally, I had come out to move to LA the week I auditioned for Friday Night Lights and then I went [back] to Austin.
JP: I think there is a common beacons closet thread with teenagers. I think everyone beacons closet can relate to that and when I started I was 18 so it wasn t a far stretch. As far as the family situation beacons closet that Landry was brought up in, I can relate to that because my family is really close. But there are a lot of things about Landry that are really different. I feel like he s one of the funniest characters I ve ever been able to play. He s never really beacons closet in on the joke, which is a lot of fun.
JP: Yeah, last season I went right to a procedural [Plemons had a two-part episode of the CBS crime drama Cold Case ] and that was really tough. It s two different extremes. It s very set in its own way and I had a very specific job to do so it is different. You really cannot compare it to anything else. I ve never done anything this way and it s like going back to the real world but the whole process has taught me to take the real world a little easier.
JP: It was something back when we were filming the pilot and got picked up, Pete Berg said it was going to be a show where we grow up and we weren t going to be in high school for ten years so it was something we all knew would be coming. They were never specific as to what the ages were for all the characters and, honestly, I was thrilled to get four seasons. It s been such an amazing experience and I ll do a few episodes in Season Five.
JP: A few things are in the works but I can t talk about them just yet. Right now, I m pretty much interested in anything that is good whether it be theater or TV or film. I just want to keep working, keep working with people that I enjoy and keep trying to get better.
JP: I hope so. She s had a few of us on now and she s a huge fan of the show. It went really great and she s hilarious. It was my first talk show ever so I was terrified and it went really, really well. I was backstage watching her rip all these people apart and I was like Oh my God!
Related Posts REVIEW: FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS returns tonight on DirecTV. Hello, old friend. INTERVIEW: Matt Lauria, beacons closet Zach Gilford and Michael B. Jordan talk the end of Friday Night Lights NEWS: ABC Family acquires FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS episodes 2010 Emmy Nominations!! (And FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS gets some love!) INTERVIEW: Behind the scenes beacons closet of tonight’s IN TREATMENT ‘Jesse’ finale
Jim Halterman is a freelance writer who spends his days interviewing the top tier of talent and creative forces in the entertainment world and, because he's that kind of guy, he gives away stuff, too!. Follow him on TVFanatic.com, XFinityTV's LGBT site, TheBacklot.com & more! (Photo: With Murray Bartlett before I moderated the LOOKING panel at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills, Feb 2015) Follow My Tweets
WATCH! @BlkSails_Starz Post-Mortem: Finale Shocker, Vane Threat & Romance tvfanatic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment